Traditional insulated sandwich panels, comprised of a thin fascia wythe, insulation and a much thicker structural wythe would typically fall into this system. This system is comprised of our HK Standard non-conductive wall tie and any type of desired rigid insulation.
This system is designed to create a non-composite insulated concrete sandwich panel. This allows the two wythes of concrete to be tied together with a non-conductive wall tie but still allow the two layers to shrink or expand independently of one another using the tie for deflection.
- Holds a face wythe of concrete affixed to the panel without the need for thermally inefficient metal connectors or solid concrete sections
- High strength and low thermal conductivity
- High-performance, alkaline resistant, engineered thermoplastic
- In-place temperature range: -40°F to 200°F
HK Standard Ties *
* All Standard Ties can be made in 0.25 inch increments depending on project design and specifications.
The HK Standard ties are tested in accordance with the ICC-ES AC 320. The table below displays the testing comparisons of some of our popular Standard ties. You can view more complete testing reviews for each tie on their individual product pages.
|Tie Length (Inches):||4.75||5.31||6.25||7.25|
|Tie Diameter (Inches):||firstname.lastname@example.org||0.50||0.57||0.57|
|Embedment Depth (Inches):||1.5||1.5||1.5||1.5|
|Insulation Thickness (Inches):||1.5||2.0||3.0||4.0|
|Average Ultimate Pullout (Inches): ¹||>1100||>1200||>1500||>1500|
|Average Ultimate Shear (Inches): ¹||>600||>600||>800||>800|
|300lb Tensile Load Retention Under Fire Exposure ²||>120 min||>90 min||>90 min||>90 min|