HK Standard System Installation Interactive Demonstration
Below is a step-by-step diagram of the installation process for the HK standard system. Watch how the connectors are installed by inserting them through pre-formed holes in the insulation, typically 16″ O.C. throughout the entire panel or edge to edge.
- Place foam insulation board on freshly poured concrete immediately after screeding (within 15-30 minutes). The concrete should be level enough to contact the entire surface of the insulation board.
- Insert HK ties immediately after placing the insulation board on the wet concrete. Push the pointed end of the tie through the insulation board into the fresh concrete until the embedment stop is even with the top surface of the insulation board. Optionally, ties may be pushed through insulation board before placing it on the concrete, while it is stacked on top of the other insulation boards. Place ties on 400mm (16 inch) centers.
- Pour remaining concrete wall on top of insulation board.
HK Vertical Pour / Modular Precast System Interactive Installation Demonstration
- Attach one clip to the tie. The clip slides into the recessed area on the tie from the side. The two retention arms of the clip will snap into place first. Positive retention is ensured when you hear a second “click” and the clip is properly seated on the tie.
- Push the tie with one clip through the foam insulation at a location marked by a dot.
- Move to the other side of the foam insulation and slide the second clip into the recessed area of the tie, just protruding from the foam. The tie is now installed.
- Repeat the above steps for each tie.
- Concrete Placement. While placing the concrete inside the forms, place the concrete on either side of the foam as equally as possible. Make certain the concrete level on one side does not vary from the level on the opposite side by more than 18 inches.